Nordic walking is an aerobic physical activity that’s as simple as it’s beneficial to health. It involves 90% of the body’s muscle groups and anyone can do it.
This activity has been promoted in Calafell since 2008. You can enjoy Nordic walking with qualified instructors who’ll explain the technique to you.
Information on Nordic walks:
- The walks could take as long as three hours, depending on the group you’ll be walking with. Groups are formed according to the physical characteristics, experience and age of the participants.
- The itineraries are quite varied, depending on the groups, and walk through areas of town that are of great cultural, natural and landscape value.
- Participants must be at least 8–9 years old, depending on the child’s height.
- You must let the instructors and the coordinator of the walk know if you have any medical condition or whether the activity was recommended by the health authorities. The use of a heart rate monitor is highly recommended.
- You must fill in the form in order to take part in the activity, as well as show your national ID card (DNI).
- You must wear suitable shoes for walking, comfortable and breathable sportswear (particularly in summer), hydration system (backpack with a hydration bladder or bum bag with water bottle). It’s advisable to wear a cap, sunglasses and apply sun cream especially in summer.
Starting point: Plaça del Mil·lenari
- Saturday and Sunday
- March, April, May and October at 9.00
- June, July, August and September at 8.00
- In August, there are also walks at 20.00 (please bring a headlamp).
Free activity. For registration and distribution of groups, please arrive 15 minutes before the activity.
For more information, please call or send a WhatsApp message to +34 669 326 115.